Monday, June 13, 2016

Short Conversation With a Follower of Islam


I have a friend who has been a close friend of mine for more than 30 years. We worked together, got mad at each other, celebrated with each other and shared dreams.... I knew him when he was a young radical (well, so was I) and since...

He found a religion that fits him many years ago and has since become a very peaceful, sincere and serene guy. 

He's finally happy, it seems.

I'm happy for him.

We had a conversation. For what it is worth, here is that conversation:

Me: "Hey, my friend... How are you? I have a question, if I may. As you probably know, I do not follow any religion (but lean towards Buddhist thought and believe all people should follow their heart's desires. So I am absolutely not against organized religion....I say we should let people worship the way they are happiest - there's enough shit in life as it is). 

Many people want to blame Islam for yesterday's shootings, but, I believe that, just as there are some really lunatic Christian sects, Islam has some too. For example, so-called Radical Islam (as a generalization and possible abstract). I don't think all of Islam can be bunched in and blamed for yesterday. But I do think Radical Islam is a problem for true followers of Islam as well as those that radical Islam seeks to attack. What do you think? 

Of course, the USA bombing, maiming, orphaning dark skinned kids in the M.E. 24/7 over these last few decades has a big hand in making this situation. Anyway, just wanted to know what my devout religious dear friend thought about this."  -Mike 

His answer: "Hello brother. I moved back to Japan earlier this month. America is not my vibe anymore. To my knowledge, true followers of Islam would never commit these acts. Its unIslamic and against the Quran. These acts are political responses to their issues. Some of this activity goes back decades. War is a business. The media is the hypnotizer. Islam is a tranquil religion, i.e. Muhammad Ali, Malcolm X, etc.  There are those who use us for political profit and fame." - Muhammad 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Every religion has its nutbars. Love and do as you will.

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

I like your point. People should follow whatever they want.

Anonymous said...

I think this post is more about friendship through the generations and Mike's libertarian philosophy. Personally, I am antislam because Islam is a anti-me. I respect Mike's anti-war views and politics. It was a Japanese shogun who crushed militant Christianity in Japan more than a century ago. I am sure he would of did the same if the rebels where Muslim. So, let's have some pork tonkatsu and beer.

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...