Monday, July 12, 2010

Marketing Japan: Mish Shedlock's Blog (a Great Place to Study Blogging!)

By Mike in Tokyo Rogers

I've mentioned before that if you blog, you'll need to blog at least three times a week in order to get great results on a Google or Yahoo search... Now, with Google Caffeine, I think the game has changed and you'll need to blog, video blog, YouTube, U-Stream, Mixi, Pick, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin - whew! - any Social Media or SNS that you are doing at least 5 times a week (better to do 7 days a week) in order to get great results...


I suppose that this also means that you'll need to cut down doing so many different Social Media services and just concentrate on a few. Like David Meerman Scott says in his book The New Rules of Marketing and PR (I'm paraphrasing),

"Social media sites are like parties around town. It's impossible to go to every party; to go to every conversation. So just pick a few and have good conversations there." 

He's right.

I'm thinking that I am not going to join anymore Social Media sites anymore. I'm just sticking with Mixi, Facebook, Pick and Twitter. Throw in Youtube and U-Stream along with my regular writing on Lew Rockwell and the writing on this blog and I'ver got enough conversations going on... In fact, too many. Maybe I should cut down.

Hmmmm/

Anyhow, I'd like to point you to a guy who has a blog that I think is just great. His name is Mike Shedlock but he calls himself "Mish." This makes him have a unique name that I always want; Mish Shedlock. Secondly, he updates new material on his blog everyday. See his blog here.

How does he do it? Check it out! He writes his own material but he also copy and pastes material he finds and comments on it.

In this way, he can keep the Google search engine happy, get great results on Google search and Yahoo search and have a very popular blog. I suggest you check it out.

------


Keywords: Google, Yahoo, SNS, Yahoo search, David Meerman Scott, Youtube, Google caffeine, Mixi, Twitter, Linkedin, Lew Rockwell, Mish Shedlock, Mike Rogers, Mish, Social Media, U-Stream, Facebook, blog, video blog, Google search engine, great results on Google search, New Rules of Marketing and PR, 

1 comment:

Picking up Women said...

I'm thinking that I am not going to join anymore Social Media sites anymore. I'm just sticking with Mixi, Facebook, Pick and Twitter.

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...