Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring in Japan: Three Days Cold, Four Days Warm - The Start of Allergy Hell and Hanami! Woo Hoo!


Today is Tuesday, March 13, 2012. It is very warm and sunny today, but there is a chilly wind blowing. This is raising hell on people who have allergies. But it is also the notice that Hanami is almost here! Woo! Hoo! Mad drinking outdoors with your friends and all sorts of hijinks!
(花見やりましょう!詳しくは下!)


This isn't exactly the type of hijinks I was thinking about! Guys! Guys! 
No! You're doing it wrong! There's supposed to be girls in there too!


The Japanese have a traditional old saying that starts somewhere about this time of year. They say, "三寒四温" (sankan shion) which translates into "three days cold, four days warm." It is the beginning of spring in Japan.

My wife would start sniffling just by looking at this photo!

Before "three days cold, four days warm," though, it is usually something like four days colder than heck in Tokyo then, all of a sudden, one day warm like spring. It's weird! Yesterday was like that for half a day. In the morning it was very warm and seemed like April weather. Then, suddenly about noon, it become cloudy and very cold again. Back to winter.


This weather marks the beginning of an annual ritual at the Rogers house: My wife bitching constantly about her allergies! Oh my god! Do something about this!


I gotta tell you I love my wife but this goes on every year and it drives me crazy! Oh you so stoooopid woooo-maaan! You are a Japanese! This is Japan! You are supposed to enjoy the blossoming of the plum and cherry trees! You are supposed to be running around half naked in a kimono all the time wanting to drink sake under the cherry trees and have constant sex! (Of course after cooking, cleaning, taking the kids to school, giving me a bath and then a full body massage with your feet!) I want you in that kimono serving me sake under a cherry tree RIGHT NOW!!!!

My image of what married life was going to be like before marriage...

But no. It is not to be. My wife refuses to go outside this time of year. In fact, I am going to have to put up with her complaining and sniffling like this for the next two months! Two months! Can you believe it!


Oh, but I do feel sorry for her as I have no allergies at all. How about you, dear reader? Do you have any allergies?


My wife gets so bad for about 10 days to 2 weeks somewhere around April that she basically stays in bed for the entire time... That was great when she was my girlfriend! I mean, what guy doesn't want his girlfriend in bed all the time?

The perfect girlfriend would be in bed (or in the kitchen) all the time anyway...
Women today won't admit it but they were happiest when all they did was 
pump out babies and cook shit for us guys to eat.


But after 15 years of marriage? Oh, well... I guess before marriage I should have checked under the hood better before I bought the car.


That's the annual ritual we go through at the Rogers house every year, this time of year. But that's the down side. The up side is that, since she refuses to go under the cherry blossoms, that means I can go by myself and get roaringly drunk and make a total ass of myself at Hanami with having her nagging me all time about my drinking too much! Woo hoo! Hanami here I come!


I love Japanese ritual traditions and celebrations and parties and festivals!


In one of Japan's most upstanding and respectable festivals, the 
penis festival begins pretty soon too! You just gotta love Japan! 
(Wait a minute! Is that lady second from front - the blond one - 
actually a guy with a wig on? I do not want her carrying my penis!)


And speaking of annual rituals, in a few weeks, on April 1, 2012, I will host a massive Hanami party in Tamagawa. It is free for everyone. If you are around, please come along. The party starts at 5:30 am and runs all day into the night. DO NOT DRIVE THERE IF YOU ARE GOING TO DRINK! (If you aren't going to drink, why go?)


The place is just from Tamagawa station on the Toyoko Line or Futakotamagawa station on the Denentoshi line. Please take a bus about an 8 minute bus ride! There will be a few hundred of my friends there. It's completely free. Please bring your own booze and some snacks... I will bring some free food too but it is usually all gone with the early birds who get there before 7 am and start the festivities REALLY early!


URL: http://www007.upp.so-net.ne.jp/oozappa/GMG/hanami-map1.jpg  


Here is a map:



Hey! I want to have a 【花見たかったけど寒いので4月にしようよ!」Party. 多摩川尾山台近辺4月1日(日)もちろん、ただ!Free! Family fun party! (これはInterFMの番組や局とはかんけいありません)!皆どうですか?このメッセージを読んだら、知り合いに連絡してください!僕はみんなの連絡先が分からないので。。みんなPartyしよう! 
日時;4月1日 日曜 朝7時から午後の4時ごろまで 
場所:東京都世田谷区玉堤1丁目-23付近(多摩川土手) 
○多摩川土手の桜の木の下です! 
■目標は Volkswagen世田谷認定中古車センターの看板です。 
■看板の玉堤通りをはさんだ土手側です。 
地図 
最寄駅 
東京急行電鉄・東横線・目黒線・東急多摩川線 [多摩川駅] 
東京急行電鉄・田園都市線・大井町線 [二子玉川駅] 
最寄バス停留所 
東急東横線・目黒線・多摩川線 多摩川駅 または 
田園都市線 二子玉川駅より東急バスでそれぞれ8分 
[ 玉11 ] 二子玉川駅←→多摩川駅 
東急ゴルフパークたまがわ前停留所 

東急大井町線等々力駅からでているバスも利用できます 
「武蔵工業大前」で下車になります 

会費:飲み物食べ物を自分が食べて飲む分持参です 
各自、ゴミを持ち帰れる程度でお願いします。←重要です 

皆さんによかったら御用意していただきたいもの 
○レジャーシート。(シートを止めるザイル等あると助かります) 
○紙コップや紙のお皿やお箸・フォーク・スプーン 
○テッシュやタオル(汚れちゃっても最悪捨てちゃってもいいもの) 
○ゴミ袋(大きいのとスーパーのレジ袋みたいなもの) 
○レジャー用の折りたたみテーブル等 
周辺施設情報 
近所にセブンイレブンともう一件コンビニがあります。 
当日、足りなくなったものはここで調達できそうです 
コインパーキングが30台分ぐらい(台数は定かではないです。)があります。 
◎注意!!!飲酒される方は絶対に自動車の運転をしないでください!!!◎ 
◎できるだけ電車・バスをご利用ください◎ 
最寄駅 
東京急行電鉄・東横線・目黒線・東急多摩川線 [多摩川駅] 
東京急行電鉄・田園都市線・大井町線 [二子玉川駅] 
最寄バス停留所 
東急東横線・目黒線・多摩川線 多摩川駅 または 
田園都市線 二子玉川駅より東急バスでそれぞれ8分 
[ 玉11 ] 二子玉川駅←→多摩川駅 
東急ゴルフパークたまがわ前停留所 

東急大井町線等々力駅からでているバスも利用できます 
「武蔵工業大前」で下車になります 

会費:飲み物食べ物を自分が食べて飲む分持参です 
各自、ゴミを持ち帰れる程度でお願いします。←重要です 

皆さんによかったら御用意していただきたいもの 
○レジャーシート。(シートを止めるザイル等あると助かります) 
○紙コップや紙のお皿やお箸・フォーク・スプーン 
○テッシュやタオル(汚れちゃっても最悪捨てちゃってもいいもの) 
○ゴミ袋(大きいのとスーパーのレジ袋みたいなもの) 
○レジャー用の折りたたみテーブル等 
周辺施設情報 
近所にセブンイレブンともう一件コンビニがあります。 
当日、足りなくなったものはここで調達できそうです 
コインパーキングが30台分ぐらい(台数は定かではないです。)があります。 
◎注意!!!飲酒される方は絶対に自動車の運転をしないでください!!!◎ 
◎できるだけ電車・バスをご利用ください◎


4 comments:

diego.a said...

Have you searched through the LRC archives to solve the allergy problems?

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Alewrockwell.com+allergy+quercetin&oq=site%3Alewrockwell.com+allergy+quercetin

Just make sure you get the dosage right or else it won't work: +400 mg at least 4 times a day. Add in 1,500 mg of Vitamin C every hour.

You don't have to take my word for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=amazon+allergy+quercetin+works

Anonymous said...

I know a woman who was very much like yours. After she started working out some - and doing the Primal diet and a bit of the Paleo diet - combined with swallowing gobs of vitamins like D3 and C, her allergies went away.

It's been several years now and she suffers no more.

I've been on the Primal diet about 80/20 (beer and homemade biscuits are my weakness) and since I've been on it, along with taking a handful of D3 every now and then, the slight bit of hayfever and brief springtime allergy-like symptoms I used to get no longer happens.

Also, I don't get colds anymore.

That was a bit too personal for me to write,... but if it helps some good People.

- clark

http://www.marksdailyapple.com

Andy "In Japan" said...

Up here in Akita prefecture, we'd be happy with one warm day.
Allergies? If you are allergic to snow it might be a problem.

Love the comment about women pumping out babies, cooking stuff, and you should have mentioned taking care of the kids. Most of them probably love that lifestyle. And you know what? Those things are WAY more important than all of the stupid things men do at the office.

Too bad women rarely have the opportunity to chose a more traditional lifestyle because of economic issues or they feel forced to seek work outside of the house to conform to social norms.

Anonymous said...

Do you happen to know anything about Frozen Shoulder?

Rather suddenly I'm learning about it second-hand.

I've read it's one of the most painful things a Person can experience.

For some in can last years, for most(?) it ends after a year.

Some chiropractors claim to be able to fix it in days.
Have you heard of this?

From what I've seen and read so far, count yourself lucky if your woman only has allergies.

S is hitting my fan.

- clark

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...