Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Gaijin Gourmet - The Most Delicious and Healthy Places to Eat in Japan for Under $5!


Hi! Just to let you know that when you are in Japan, that you can eat a delicious, healthy, safe meal for under $5 (USD). No kidding.




Where to find that information? Well, the Gaijin Gourmet (that's me) has temporarily moved. I'll be blogging Gaijin Gourmet articles showing you where to go to get the best deals in Japan over at the Robot55.jp site. 

Why did I move there? Well, because we are also going to start making a series of videos in English for folks coming to Japan and looking for the best places to eat well on a budget.

I have already written about the best budget sushi chain in Japan; the best noodles shops; and the best places to get salads! And I just completed the newest in the series:

Gaijin Gourmet - Sukiya! Japan's Best Gyudon (Beef Bowl) robot55.jp/blog/gaijin-gourmet-sukiya-japans-best-gyudon-beef-bowl/

Here's a snippet:


"It's time for another installment of the world famous (and Original) Gaijin Gourmet. Today I simply must introduce to you good folks a chain restaurant in Japan that, if you are traveling here on a budget and with kids, you'll want to know about.

The restaurant is Sukiya. Sukiya has almost 2000 shops in Japan so they are everywhere you are. And most Sukiya shops are open 24 hours a day. The only shop that has more restaurants is McBurgers, but I don't have to introduce them to you. A few reasons: 1) McBurgers is not healthy. You don't want your kids, or yourself, to be eating that stuff. 2) Sukiya has an extremely healthy menu with lots of very reasonably priced and delicious items. 3) The kids love Sukiya!

Sukiya is a "Gyudon" chain. That means they specialize in serving some cooked meats on a bed of rice. It's delicious and the price will drop your jaw. Since I am watching my weight, whenever I go to Sukiya, I always order the salad (there's no salt or dressing on it, you add those yourself if you wish) and the "Healthy Gyudon" (that is called, "Gyudon Light" on the menu.) It is "light" because the calories are so low because this delicious menu item has a block of Tofu instead of the rice.

Sukiya is the ultimate answer to travelers on a budget who want to eat healthy and food that is not full of salt and oil. I give Sukiya 5+ stars. Seriously, I think you can't beat them for taste, quality, cleanliness and price. A high quality, healthy and (Japanese style) low calorie meal can be had for as little as ¥380.

I usually order Gyudon Light (¥380 yen) and a salad (¥100) and drink the tea (free). I'm happy, I've eaten healthy and the damages? ¥480. Are you sitting down? That's about $4 USD and THERE IS NO TIPPING!"

Folks, this morning set at Sukiya with a baked salmon, rice, pickled veggies and miso soup is under $4 (USD!) Incredible! 


I'll be writing a bunch more of these in the coming months (the plan is to write at least one a week, so I hope you'll go to check it out on Robot55.jp

If you are on Facebook, please come and "Like" our Facebook page and then you'll see the new articles when they are posted.

So check it out, OK?
Looking for great deals on cheap eats in Japan?:
Gaijin Gourmet – Best Soba Chain in Tokyo?Yude Taro and ¥220 Draft Beer?! robot55.jp/blog/gaijin-gourmet-best-soba-chain-in-tokyo?yude-taro-and-¥220-draft-beer/
Gaijin Gourmet: The Best Premium Salad Bar in Tokyo? – Sizzler in Setagaya robot55.jp/blog/gaijin-gourmet-the-best-premium-salad-bar-in-tokyo-sizzler-in-setagaya/
Gaijin Gourmet! Great Cheap and Delicious Soba in Gaienmae on Ginza Line! robot55.jp/blog/gaijin-gourmet-great-cheap-and-delicious-soba-in-gaienmae-on-ginza-line/
The Gaijin Gourmet: The Best Salad Bar Deal in Tokyo at Big Boy – My Favorite Rock N Roll Diner!! robot55.jp/blog/the-gaijin-gourmet-the-best-salad-bar-deal-in-tokyo-at-big-boy-my-favorite-rock-n-roll-diner/
The Gaijin Gourmet: Soba Wars At Hanzomon Station in Tokyo robot55.jp/blog/gaijin-gourmet-soba-wars-at-hanzomon-station-in-tokyo/

No comments:

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...